Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Freaks, Geeks & Weirdos – The Peculiar People




Have you ever felt like you don’t belong or that you are different from everyone else? People call you names reminding you how different you really are?

Earlier this year my son was getting ready for school and came to me saying, “Mommy, I don’t want to go today, everyone thinks I’m a freak!” Ironically, this was the morning after I read that scary book of Deuteronomy. I replied, “That’s great! Freaks are awesome!” He looked at me with a worried look as though he was questioning my sanity. I said, “Sweetheart, the Bible says that you are to be set apart from all the others, to be a peculiar people.” That means that you aren’t to be like everyone else; to be popular with everyone else to be unpopular with God. You aren’t like everyone else because God expects you to be a leader not a follower. You are kind, happy and you like to keep peace. Of course they are going to call you a freak; people criticize what they don’t understand.”

He didn’t believe me so I pulled out my Bible and showed him:

“You have been set apart as holy to the LORD your God, and he has chosen you from the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people.” Deuteronomy 14:2

He read it and smiled and went his merry way to school. As he ran out the door, I yelled at him, “Don’t worry, I’m a freak too!”

If you are currently or ever have been called a freak, geek or weirdo, REJOICE! God has called you to be set apart and has great plans for you! You are a chosen one!

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.” 1 Peter 2:9


Be blessed this week!


Your freaky, geeky and weird servant of Christ,


Katrina Green
President
Butterfly Ministries, Inc.

Take a Stand. Spread the Word. Save the Butterflies ♥


"It is the mission of Butterfly Ministries, Inc. to empower and inspire positive transformation in girls and young women by encouraging them to take a stand against gender exploitation and to give rise to a historic revolution."

COMING SOON! Join the Butterfly Movement!

Launching Fall 2010!

"Strength and honor was her clothing" Proverbs 31:25

No comments:

Post a Comment