Thursday, June 10, 2010

Change Starts Within


Have you ever found yourself analyzing others and quickly judging them? You may not speak it but you may certainly be thinking it.

On my way to work this morning, I was running late as usual. (I’m still praying on that one!)

Of course everytime I am running late, I hit every red light on my way. As I pulled up to a red light out of the corner of my eye, I saw a woman applying makeup and texting! The first thought that came to mind was, “Couldn’t she do that at home?” Then it hit me! It was my reflection in an office building window. I felt a sudden embarrassment come over me and then it was followed by guilt. Of all the layers that God is peeling off of me day after day, I still struggle with that nasty sin called pride.

It is so easy to look at others short-comings, faults and behavior. The real revelation comes when we realize that change starts within. Self-Reflection is the harshest reality! How can you change the world if you don't change yourself first?

This week when you find your thoughts critiquing someone, imagine that person being you. In fact, pull out a mirror and look at the reflection.

“Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.”

Author Unknown

“Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.” 1 Corinthians 13:12

Have a blessed week!


© Copyrights, All rights reserved

Katrina Green
President
Butterfly Ministries, Inc.

Take a Stand. Spread the Word. Save the Butterflies ♥


"It is the mission of Butterfly Ministries, Inc. to empower and inspire positive transformation in girls and young women by encouraging them to take a stand against gender exploitation and to give rise to a historic revolution."

COMING SOON! Join the Butterfly Movement!

Launching Fall 2010!

"Strength and honor was her clothing" Proverbs 31:25

No comments:

Post a Comment