Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Discipleship is priceless



I was writing my query to a literary agent last night and it asked about "my competition and credentials.”

That threw me off guard because anyone that spreads the gospel shouldn’t consider a fellow Christian writer as competition. Anyone that knows me knows that I’m not afraid to be transparent and speak what is on my heart. So of course I answered it honestly.

Yes, I know there are many other Christian authors and passionate ministries but I don't see it as competition, I see it as Discipleship. Partnerships are far more productive than rivalry. Discipleship unites, rivalry divides. There can never be too many Disciples of Christ. Why are all the largest banks in the world so massive and powerful? Why do they own much of the worlds wealth and have so many people working for them? They MERGE. What would happen if ministries would do the same? How many Disciples would we recruit?

As for my credentials?

I do not claim to be a pastor or the ideal Christian, whatsoever. I don't have a long blood-line of highly respected ancestors, in fact, quite the opposite. I am a sinner. I am a single mother of three and have many internal issues that I deal with. I still struggle with worrying, trust, balance and battling old scars. I catch myself being hypocritical at times and I quite often question my worthiness, especially when it comes to leading this ministry. I do not have a Masters in theology or divinity; in fact I am just now working on my Degree in Christian Ministry/Biblical Studies. I was not raised in the church; on the contrary, I fully committed my life to Christ just short of three years ago. I am not an ordained minister and have not been qualified by any church to minister to others. God is the only one that qualified me.

I do however; pray to God and ask for wisdom, guidance, discernment, patience, strength, endurance, perseverance and unwavering faith to see this through. I am also very transparent and let Him know that I know that I am not at the level that I should be, but I am so glad I'm not where I was. I beg Him to please help me with my areas of weakness and turn my issues into virtue. I do not want to fall short in His eyes but live each day to please him and to serve the purpose He has set for me.

It would be more comforting to know that I am out of the target of the enemy’s weapons, but God gave me a job to do and I will do it. I expect to run into challenges. It is a given, but I will not be shaken, I will not waver, I will not follow others.


I wish blessings to all fellow authors and ministry leaders! I pray for your success more than my own!

Discipleship priceless!

“If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 2:1-5

“Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces 4 perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.” Romans 5:3

“We have confidence in the Lord that you are doing and will continue to do the things we command. May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.” 2 Thessalonians 3:4-5



© Copyrights, All rights reserved


Katrina Green
President
Butterfly Ministries, Inc.

Take a Stand. Spread the Word. Save the Butterflies ♥


"It is the mission of Butterfly Ministries, Inc. to empower and inspire positive transformation in girls and young women by encouraging them to take a stand against gender exploitation and to give rise to a historic revolution."

COMING SOON! Join the Butterfly Movement!

Launching Fall 2010!

"Strength and honor was her clothing" Proverbs 31:25

No comments:

Post a Comment